Carl B Dixon
60 Evergreen Place
East Orange, New Jersey 07018
Worked in the community or non-profit environment; utilizing training, mentorship and organizational skills; preparing families in being successful in their homes, academic training, community and careers.
February 2004 to Present: Executive Director and Program Coordinator Alpha Caring Community Development Corporation Teaneck, New Jersey
- Organizational and administrative planner.
- Development of community outreach programs for mentorship and parenting programs.
- Developing partnerships with local schools and businesses for developing educational and job training for school aged children.
- Responsible for soliciting donations & refurbished items from individuals, non-profit and for-profit organizations.
- Coordination and supervision of on-site high-school students who are required to complete the community service program requirements.
- Managing and maintaining the non-profit organizational financial system using QuickBooks software.
January 2008 to Present : Males & Female Mentorship Program Coordinator and Instructor Alpha Caring Community Development Corporation – contract with the Gray Charter Schools – Newark, New Jersey
- Program Coordinator for the boys and girls 8th Grade Mentorship Program.
- Creating and instructing the mentorship program that addresses the social, moral, and academic needs.
- Reinforcing positive values, aiding in the development of the student’s attitude and behavior toward their peers, family, school, and community.
- Providing male & female role models/presenters from the community in the mentorship program who highlight their occupation and express the process of reaching their career goals.
February to June 2007 : Males Mentorship Program Coordinator and Instructor Alpha Caring Community Development Corporation – contract with the Marion P Thomas Charter School – Newark, New Jersey
- Providing instructions for the male mentorship program that addresses the social, moral, and academic needs.
- Reinforcing positive values; aiding in the development of the student’s attitude and behavior toward their peers, family, school and community.
October 2009 to 2011: Workshop Trainer: Alpha Caring Community Development Corporation Prevent Child Abuse – New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Engaging Fathers Workshop
- Providing parenting skills and techniques to Family Workers who provide instructions in the home of their clients.
- Presenting techniques to the family workers in creating a healthy parent and child relationship.
- Assist in developing strategies to the family worker that will engage the father in becoming more responsible with his child.
- Developing goals and objectives with the family workers that can assist in creating a better working relationship with their clients.
2005 Hurrican Katrina volunteer (Read Cross)
November 2010 to New Jersey Department of Corrections Chaplaincy/Mentorship Program
May 2015 Volunteer.
2015 – Present Masters of Professions Studies: Urban Ministries
1991 – 1995 Masters of Art Degree: Major: Urban Studies & Education New Jersey City University (Formerly, Jersey City State College) Jersey City, New Jersey
1979 – 1982 Bachelor of Arts Degree: Major: Music
1976 – 1978 Essex County College: Major: Music Newark, New Jersey
- Member of the Clergy
- Teaneck Municipal Alliance Against Substance Abuse
- Woman Talking To Woman Inc. - Advisory Board Member
- Abundant Grace & Truth Church - Board of Directors
- Alpha Caring Community Development Corporation - Board of Directors
- Deliverance Jesus Is Coming – Board of Presbyters
- North Jersey Association of Black Clergy
- Joint College of African-American Bishops